Thursday, April 30, 2020

Catching up since December 2018

April 2020
                                               

Wow, it is impossible to believe that 16 months have passed since my last entry in December 2018.  But so many things have happened.   I am writing this during our COVID-19 Pandemic.  Most travel and scheduled activity has temporarily stopped.  So far, I am healthy and everybody I know is healthy, so I am thankful for that.  I think I am fortunate to live in an area of the USA that has not had a huge amount of virus cases.  We are all praying that it decreases soon.  This is week 4 of "shelter in place" here in North Carolina.  It has been a "liminal" time of adjustment.  I am glad I learned to be comfortable with stillness, silence, and solitude before this happened.  And I am thankful for springtime and sunshine because I have been able to enjoy digging in the dirt and going for outdoor walks.  I have great neighbors and the time is passing quickly.
So, what in the world have I been doing since December 2018? 
                                           

-I continue to volunteer as the host for Quiet Space Fridays, which is a monthly silence retreat at Starrette Farm Retreat Center in Statesville, NC. https://www.thelydiagroup.com/quiet-space-fridays



And in February 2019, I started hosting a new retreat there called The Inner Artist 4 times a year, with a friend, Roxanne Morgan.  It has been a lot of work and wonderful fun and very rewarding. Creativity feeds my soul.  More about that another time. https://www.thelydiagroup.com/the-inner-artist


I am also still in formation as a Benedictine Oblate.  This year I began my official formation process with Queen of Peace Monastery in Rutherfordton, NC.  More about that another time. 

                                   


In August 2019, I started facilitating a weekly Centering Prayer Community Group on the campus of Lenoir Rhyne University here in Hickory, NC.  More about that another time.
                                       


Last summer, my cousin, Linda Odom, and I went to Scotland, England, Wales, and Ireland on another 5 week pilgrimage that was amazing.   More about that another time.
                                  


When I returned from that trip, I started going to a wonderful yoga class at a nearby neighborhood church, St Albans Episcopal, and started attending the worship there.  So I am making new friends and finding a new church home here in Hickory, NC.  Life is full of surprises.  And it is very good.
                                


A follow up on my last entry: back in the Fall of 2018, after my experience at Lutheridge Conference Center,  I heard about a Spiritual Direction Certification from 4 different people within a week. This 2 year certification is through Lenoir Rhyne's Lutheran Southern Seminary in Columbia, SC.  I started exploring it, said YES,  and started the program as a student a few months ago.  More about that another time.  
                               


 God just keeps opening doors!  More about that next time....
Until then, I am on this amazing journey of life. All is well. 
In The Deep Peace, Audrey 
                                              

Making A Pandemic Collage Prayer Book 2020

Springtime 2020.  We are all under the "Shelter in Place" orders because of the Pandemic, and missing each other right now, especi...